Data Protection Policy
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) establishes a data protection law that governs the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. It recognizes both the rights of individuals to protect their personal data, including rights of access and correction, and the needs of organizations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes.
Alpha 8 Credit respects your privacy and recognises that your personal data is important to you. We conduct our business in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and have implemented additional measures to protect your personal information.
We ask that you read this data protection policy carefully as it contains important information about what to expect when we collect, use, disclose, store and/or process your personal data and how we will treat it. By continuing to visit and use this website, you confirm that you understand and consent to the terms of this policy.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit an application form, online application form or other forms relating to any of our services.
- when you interact with our customer service officers, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails.
- when you visits our websites and other websites which we own or manage, using technologies such as cookies. We do not at our website automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information
- we obtain it from other sources, such as employers, credit agencies, law enforcement agencies and/or other Public Agencies;
- when you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, employees, etc), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may, in the future, use your personal data for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law. This includes, but not limited to:
- verifying your identity (including matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties and credit information companies)
- to carry out credit checks and for the evaluation of creditworthiness
- processing of payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you
- to conduct investigations or take action in relation to bad debts, crime and fraud prevention, detection or prosecution, risk management, or to prevent you or the company from harm, illegal or unlawful activities;
- to third parties who perform Services on our behalf (including but not limited to debt collection agencies, filing of claims and retrieval of payments from losses made by service partners)
- any data intermediaries
- any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
- financial institutions for purposes such as facilitating GIRO payments
- collection and repossession agencies in relation to the enforcement of repayment obligations for debts
- advisors, including auditors and lawyers who advise us
- relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to
You have deemed to have given your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- when you voluntarily provide your Personal Data to us;
- when you are aware of the purposes for which you are providing your Personal Data to us;
- it is reasonable for you to have provided the Personal Data to us in the circumstances; and
- in any other circumstances where consent is deemed given under the Act.
For Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data, if you:
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact Alpha 8 Credit as follows:
Contact: Data Protect Officer
Data Protection Officer
Blk 441A Clementi Avenue 3
Tel: +65 6333 4122
This Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respect by the laws of Singapore.